Employers are looking for attributes that can be found in any field. Your job is to prove with your resume, cover letter, and interview how you possess these skills. According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) the top 10 qualities the job industry is looking for in 2015 include:
- Ability to work in a team structure.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate verbally with people, both inside and out of the organization.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work. Scheduling is key!
- Ability to obtain and process information.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Technical knowledge related to the job.
- Proficiency with computer software programs.
- Ability to create and/or edit written reports.
- Ability to sell and influence others.
After reviewing these skills, think about your experiences and how you can prove that you have experienced or obtained these skills. Be sure to state in your resume and/or cover letter specific ways that you have gained or use these skills. To apply, send your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
To learn more about The Distinctive Edge, visit us online.